CREAM OF CELERY SOUP
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 3 pounds celery coarsely chopped
- ½ pound carrots julienned
- ½ pound onions chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 quarts hot milk
- 1 cup margarine
- Pour the chicken stock into a large pot, and bring to a boil. Add the celery, carrots and onion to the pot.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, pepper, and milk; add to the pot along with the margarine.
- Boil for 10 minutes, then strain out the vegetables by pouring through a sieve, or if the vegetables are large enough, a colander may be used.